Do you see that up there? I want you to commit that to mind RIGHT NOW. Do whatever you need to do to remember it, I don’t give a shit. Memorize, write it down, tattoo it on your body, whatever it takes. (more…)
Time after time do I see people sit down and create bullshit characters that no one gives a fuck about, are completely cliche and offer nothing unique, original, or don’t even bring fresh perspective to already established archetypes. I’m going to put a stop to that. Here’s what you NEED to know to create characters worth a damn. (more…)
You want to be a writer, a storyteller? Alright, fine.
See, it’s been a while since we’ve done some serious blogging over here. What can I say, we were off WRITING and PROMOTING our own work. That’s what writers do. They WRITE. People have been asking me to sit down and do a writer’s bootcamp for a while now; I shied away from it, too worried about how people might react or someone getting their little FEELINGS hurt. (more…)
“Study! Do your homework! I used to always tell you, do your homework. Get footage! How the fuck are you going to know how to be great if you don’t study GREATNESS?!” ~Tracy Morgan, 2012
Well, here we are. Closing out a third year of writing and telling narrative. This year was a very, er… MIXED year. I won’t really get into that, but I think it was successful in some choice aspects. The first book of The Twisted World came out, and we’re well on our way into the next book with hopes that it will also be out this summer. (more…)
Sean Ross has always just kind of gotten by. Strapping young fella, not a whole lot wrong with him. Not exactly an underachiever, but not much of an overachiever either.
Living in Des Moines, Iowa with his father Franklin and sister, Sean just kind of did what any other fella might have done post high school; he joined the military. What can he say, it buys you a little more time to figure out what the hell you’re going to do with your life, and nobody will say you’re not getting paid.
Yep. I said them all, and you can quote me on them. If you need a reminder, print this out and tape it up in your work area (as a bonus, these all fit under 140 characters, so you can tweet the life out of them with ease).
Not a full post here, mind you, but some quick heads-ups regarding stuff going on with The Twisted World: The Dusk Harbinger that people might want to know:
- There is in fact a glossary of terms; We are working on this diligently and all digital copies from Amazon will receive an update containing this glossary. Shelfari also provides a glossary of terms (that you can access straight from your reading device), but we’re debating the best way to sync these together.
- There is also a world map of Su Nobieta. We are currently trying to figure out the BEST way to implement this (either as a very rich digital download straight here from the blog, or inclusion within the ebook itself). There is also internal discussion regarding whether or not to make a full blown poster size of the map, because why ISN’T that fun?
- The paperback of the book that is still being worked on (it is currently getting another typo pass for good form’s sake, which will be reflected in the ebook as well), and will include BOTH the glossary and world map. No ETA on this just yet, but “SOON.”
Thank you for your understanding.
~Oliver and Danika
Kurt Kathan, the accidental king of Gwenaelle. A man who has everything that any adventurer could dream of having, and unsure of what to do with it.
Sadah Loc, the woman from the land draped in near perpetual darkness. A beautiful songstress who can no longer sing.
Piotr Carlyle, a rather unremarkable boy with a remarkable ability to change the world. Yet he has no desire to do so.
Strange phenomena known as Twists litter the world of Su Nobieta, taking common place things and morphing them into seemingly impossible realities. Through chance, young Piotr is bestowed the power to undo the horrors that these Twists have wrought.
This is the journey of these three fated individuals, each deeply scarred by a harsh world. They will uncover the secrets of the Twists, the nature of the Gods of creation, and most importantly, discover themselves. (more…)
Some days ago, I posed a simple question to friends on Facebook (unlike other people, I don’t use Facebook for playing games and other tom foolery; I actually use it as it was intended in the beginning, as a communication medium!)
I asked them, “How do you destroy a man without killing him?” Their answers were intriguing and insightful. (more…)
It’s been a while since we’ve had anything to say on The Twisted World, but fear not! It’s been going well. In fact, we have plenty of information to share with you today:
- The Twisted World: The Dusk Harbinger will be available on August 17th 2013, only on Amazon. And because I keep my promises, that first weekend that it is available, it will be FREE. Zero, zilch. You won’t pay a single cent.
- You can now be fashionable in advance with jewelry featuring the triskelion of the Twisted World (that’s that helpful little image up top). Earrings are available, as well as a necklace, and very reasonably priced. I suggest you check them out. Each set is made TO ORDER, and produced through 3D printing and not an assembly line.
- On the social media front, we’ve got a handy facebook page available for the series proper, and for an extra bit of fun there’s an entire group where you can participate with other fans in ongoing discussions about the series. And yes, we participate in this group, so if you ever wanted to hang out with us and pick our brains, here’s your opportunity.
The paperback of the book has no FIRM ETA set at this time, but it won’t be too much longer after the digital ebook release (at most, a few weeks). This is to ensure that it is of the highest quality possible.
If you’re not excited yet, this is a GREAT time to be. Kathan, Sadah, and Piotr are waiting for you.