Yep. I said them all, and you can quote me on them. If you need a reminder, print this out and tape it up in your work area (as a bonus, these all fit under 140 characters, so you can tweet the life out of them with ease).
Not a full post here, mind you, but some quick heads-ups regarding stuff going on with The Twisted World: The Dusk Harbinger that people might want to know:
- There is in fact a glossary of terms; We are working on this diligently and all digital copies from Amazon will receive an update containing this glossary. Shelfari also provides a glossary of terms (that you can access straight from your reading device), but we’re debating the best way to sync these together.
- There is also a world map of Su Nobieta. We are currently trying to figure out the BEST way to implement this (either as a very rich digital download straight here from the blog, or inclusion within the ebook itself). There is also internal discussion regarding whether or not to make a full blown poster size of the map, because why ISN’T that fun?
- The paperback of the book that is still being worked on (it is currently getting another typo pass for good form’s sake, which will be reflected in the ebook as well), and will include BOTH the glossary and world map. No ETA on this just yet, but “SOON.”
Thank you for your understanding.
~Oliver and Danika
Kurt Kathan, the accidental king of Gwenaelle. A man who has everything that any adventurer could dream of having, and unsure of what to do with it.
Sadah Loc, the woman from the land draped in near perpetual darkness. A beautiful songstress who can no longer sing.
Piotr Carlyle, a rather unremarkable boy with a remarkable ability to change the world. Yet he has no desire to do so.
Strange phenomena known as Twists litter the world of Su Nobieta, taking common place things and morphing them into seemingly impossible realities. Through chance, young Piotr is bestowed the power to undo the horrors that these Twists have wrought.
This is the journey of these three fated individuals, each deeply scarred by a harsh world. They will uncover the secrets of the Twists, the nature of the Gods of creation, and most importantly, discover themselves. (more…)
Some days ago, I posed a simple question to friends on Facebook (unlike other people, I don’t use Facebook for playing games and other tom foolery; I actually use it as it was intended in the beginning, as a communication medium!)
I asked them, “How do you destroy a man without killing him?” Their answers were intriguing and insightful. (more…)
It’s been a while since we’ve had anything to say on The Twisted World, but fear not! It’s been going well. In fact, we have plenty of information to share with you today:
- The Twisted World: The Dusk Harbinger will be available on August 17th 2013, only on Amazon. And because I keep my promises, that first weekend that it is available, it will be FREE. Zero, zilch. You won’t pay a single cent.
- You can now be fashionable in advance with jewelry featuring the triskelion of the Twisted World (that’s that helpful little image up top). Earrings are available, as well as a necklace, and very reasonably priced. I suggest you check them out. Each set is made TO ORDER, and produced through 3D printing and not an assembly line.
- On the social media front, we’ve got a handy facebook page available for the series proper, and for an extra bit of fun there’s an entire group where you can participate with other fans in ongoing discussions about the series. And yes, we participate in this group, so if you ever wanted to hang out with us and pick our brains, here’s your opportunity.
The paperback of the book has no FIRM ETA set at this time, but it won’t be too much longer after the digital ebook release (at most, a few weeks). This is to ensure that it is of the highest quality possible.
If you’re not excited yet, this is a GREAT time to be. Kathan, Sadah, and Piotr are waiting for you.
It’s been a long, LONG time coming (4 years, actually. WOW), but today is the day that we start the gravy train on this. As of right now, the first 10% of The Dusk Harbinger is up and available for you to read, FOR FREE. No catches or anything ridiculous. Just jump on over to the sample page and enjoy it.
We’ll see you in July when the full book is released!
Enjoy, won’t you?
~Oliver & Danika
Oliver asked me to write down what I learned writing this particular book. I had no idea where to start. Much like Rabbit in the Road, writing The Dusk Harbinger was basically an exercise- how quickly can I learn from constant failure? How many different failures can I learn from? How many of them do I have to repeat before I learn?
I feel like I spent the last four years in a cycle of effing up everything, and turning out great words in the process. Even sitting on this side of it, on the “the end” side, I’m in awe of how many failures are stacked together and it’s still done. A year late, but it’s done. It amazes me how much can go wrong and we can still produce work of which we’re proud. So here’s what I learned the hard way, and what I hope you learn the easy way.
Hey gang. I know it’s been a while since we’ve come and talked to you guys, and for that we’re sorry. There wasn’t anything in the way of DOING that, except for the very reason that this blog exists: writing.
I know this has been said BEFORE, but this time it’s for real: The Dusk Harbinger is finished. How is this different than times before? Because I have personally put my quality seal of approval on it; it is DONE. What else have I said before? It takes however long it takes to get done and however many words that requires. The very first book in the Twisted World series is “content complete”: there is nothing left to add, all that is left is cleaning, editing, and testing.
It’s the wood that should fear your hand, not the other way around. No wonder you can’t do it, you acquiesce to defeat before you even begin.
~Chia Hui (Gordon) Liu, Kill Bill Vol. 2 (2004)
There’s a lot of stuff out there that’s scary to do, and obviously writing is one of them. So many times I hear people say, “I can’t” or they’ll make up dozens upon dozens of excuses to not do what they were supposed to do, MEANT to do. And the sad thing is, they don’t have enough respect for themselves to even TRY. (more…)
I waited there outside, and I was the first person when he pulled up. He got out of that car, and he was so beautiful. He looked right at me… and I didn’t know what to do! I mean, I couldn’t say anything, I couldn’t even move. I never even talked to him and he was RIGHT THERE… I still have that red bandanna.
The thing is, you never know, you know? Had I at least said SOMETHING…. you never know.
Anyway, the point is I totally realized, fate! There IS fate. But it only takes you so far, because once you’re there it’s up to you to make it happen.
~Jenna Elfman, Can’t Hardly Wait (1998)
What is fate? What is opportunity? Are they not the same thing? Maybe fate isn’t as complex as a series of events that will always play out regardless of the actions that you take. Maybe fate is just a synonym for opportunity, moments where everything is positioned JUST RIGHT for you to take an action, to move forward. (more…)